02 September 2013

Run Log (August 2013)


01 August 2013, Thursday.

Ran in hotel's gym late at night again.

4.33km nonstop in 35 minutes. Ended strong, could have gone on but it's nearing the closing time.

As an aside, the hotel's gym is facing the swimming pool, two young ladies in bikini who kept getting out of the water and walked about sure were distracting. =P

-----

04 August 2013, Sunday.

Treadmill, 5.33km in 44 minutes. A brisk walk in between two runs at 7.5km/h.

Was trying for an hour run but didn't quite get there. =\

-----

06 August 2013, Tuesday.

Treadmill, 4.1km in 34 minutes. A brisk walk in between two runs at 7.5km/h.

Was hoping to get to 5km at least really. Failed.

-----

08 August 2013, Thursday.

Ran along Gurney. 3.75km nonstop in 28 minutes.

Didn't get to my 5km target, but it was a good run, I ended strong.

-----

11 August 2013, Sunday.

Treadmill, 5.56km in 48 minutes. Had to slow to brisk walk three times, should have taken the sign that something was not quite right.

When I ended the run, I felt light-headed and had to find a place to sit down for a while.

Don't know what's wrong with me, didn't feel anything while running.

Worst run ever.

-----

13 August 2013, Tuesday.

Late evening outdoor run was quite nice really, seeing the sky changes colour. Sunset is always magical.

Ran 4.16km nonstop along Gurney, took me 34 minutes.

Even though I didn't get to my 5km target because it's getting late, it's a feel good run as I ended strong, I felt that I could have gone on.

=)

-----

16 August 2013, Friday.

Missed my run yesterday due to raining at where I work when I finally finished work, and I being hungry and it being late when I finally got home.

So I went running along Gurney today instead.

Ran three times along the coast instead of the usual two, didn't quite made it nonstop, had to brisk walk near the end for a bit before finishing it off with a short run.

5.6km in 42 minutes, felt good.

Just that I had to walk all the way back from the 'wrong' end of Gurney Drive after the run, that's more than 2km distance. -_-

Anyway, good run.

-----

22 August 2013, Thursday.

Missed my weekend run, and missed my Tuesday run, I was bedridden since Sunday, and didn't want to push myself on Tuesday as I was still in the bed the whole day on Monday.

Ran around the workplace after work today, two laps 5.02km nonstop in 39 minutes. Struggled in late 3rd km onwards but forced myself to press on and not slow to brisk walk.

Didn't end strong but I was glad about the determination.

-----

25 August 2013, Sunday.

Run from guard house to end of Gurney Drive and back, Nike+ with GPS said that's 4.88km.

Took me 35 minutes, with a few brisk walks in between.

I did 5km with slope on Thursday nonstop, today I couldn't even do 5km on flat road. Why am I always not improving?

Bollocks.

-----

27 August 2013, Tuesday.

The haze was bad today. It rained in the afternoon, so I decided to go running outdoor even though the air quality was still bad.

Ran two laps around the workplace, 5.1km nonstop in 39 minutes.

Ended strong, felt quite good about the run. =)

-----

29 August 2013, Thursday.

Still somewhat hazey but I went running anyway. I am running out of time to train up as it is.

Ran two laps and not quite half around the workplace, 6.14km nonstop in 45 minutes. I was overtaken by three colleagues during the run, on my second lap, but surprisingly not the one I was expecting.

Ended strong, so I am really happy about the run.

Target for September is 3 laps, that's 7.5km. Go go go!

-----



No comments: